Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 8, 2009

Unsaved Dating (Dating An Unbeliever)

Ok, if you still didn't understand what I'm talking about, this is about a Christian dating a non-Christian person.

Please note that I don't intend to offend anyone. This post is kinda for Christians but you are free to read it.

That was Pastor's sermon last night. And it was fun and I've learned from it. I mean, not that it's my first time to hear those things coz I've been saved since I was 6 years old. I basically know that commandment from II Corinthians 6:14, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: ..."

Why is this so? Why can't we date someone who doesn't believe what we believe in? Someone who is of a different faith?

Well, if a Christian person knowingly dated an unsaved one, he/she has already broken God's law. Read II Cor. 6:14-18. God commanded us to be with the people who are also walking with Him. According to the Kingdom of God, all relationships are to further enhance His Kingdom. That's why churches need couples living for Him.

As believers, we are to obey God and His commandments!



(When I say he, it means he or she.)

If a Christian dates an unsaved one because he is nice, then don't be deceived. He can be super nice now (because he likes you) but he could fall out of love and find someone else because he doesn't know about what is right in the sight of God and he could be doing what is not to be done. I mean you know how this world now operates when it comes to dating and relationships. Last week, Pastor talked about fornication. It's sex outside marriage, or now known as teenage sex. And that is an abomination of the Word of God. That's the danger of dating unsaved ones. No matter how gentleman he is, you will never know. A deceptive/ wrong relationship leads to a broken heart or worse, a broken marriage. Dating is not a friendship, it's the start of "the contract". Like, a marriage contract. lol.

I can't discuss more on these stuffs but you can read more from these sites:
http://www.parentalguide.com/Documents/Doctrines/Be_Ye_Seperate.htm
http://christianblogs.christianet.com/1133110469.htm
http://www.n7nz.org/project1/answer1.htm

As God’s Word has told us, what communion is there between the believer and unbeliever? They both have different goals, outlooks, and destinies. One lives for this world; the other looks forward to the next world. One will be with Jesus forever; the other will dwell in the lake of fire forever. 2 Cor 10:5-CASTING DOWN IMAGINATIONS, AND EVERY HIGH THING THAT EXALTETH ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, AND BRINGING INTO CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT TO THE OBEDIENCE (note obedience) OF CHRIST. You are not to fellowship with people that are unsaved; with those that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God. Satan works through people, time and time again, to try to confuse or draw the believer away from his faith in Jesus Christ. Satan works through people to try to draw the believer away from serving Jesus. Satan will use people to embarrass and offend you. They may even use Scripture incorrectly to draw you away from God’s perfect will. Satan tried to do the same thing to Jesus. He tempted Jesus with Scripture, but when Jesus used the Word back, Satan had to flee. You need to not only study your Bible daily; you also need to obey it. You are to be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only-ref Ja 1:22. For it is not those who hear the Word that will be justified, but those who obey the Word.

So, there you have it. I wasn't thinking of dating an unsaved one. I did, once, but never again. And thank God I was not stupid enough to do things I will regret.

The sweetest thing when both are in the Will of God? Where God is the center of your relationship.. You can both serve Him. You can watch over each other. If a guy is a man of God who prays and reads the Bible, I could say he would be a wonderful husband and a good father. I'm not thinking to be a Pastor's wife though. lol

As what I've read from the book 101 Simple Lessons For Life by Marsha Marks, "It's better to be lonely single than lonely married."

I don't wanna be single forever though. lol. And hey, not all singles are lonely right! :p


Toodles,


3 comments:

jOyEnZ said...

OmigOSh! ThaT tOok a LightnIng bOLt riGht oN mY hEart! i DatEd a gUy riGht? (well i guess you know it coz i've posted it on my blog and we became gf-bf) but the thing is I was able to take him to church (and its not sapilitan... he decided to go and attend and after two months he converted and now a Christian...though still got lots to change) I was hurt because as i've stated on my blog we started a wrong relationship and is trying to correct it in the eyes of people and of course in the eyes of our Father. ( goodness you know what this love has took its toll on me and i became a fool but by the grace of God I was able to get back to HIS track) FEIYI you don't know what I've been through and what I am passing through right now but I am so blessed by the people like you and my friends for your prayers and to my mom especially. ANG HIRAP.. KAKALOKA! hahah BTW HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY po pala! pls continue to pray for me and my bf to be a righteous follower of God not of ourselves! thnak you girl.. nice post!

dvirtualist said...

just wanna know lang po what you exactly means by "UNSAVED"?

Fei Yie. said...

Unsaved is when you don't acknowledge Jesus as your Saviour and that He is the ONLY way, the truth and the life. That no one comes to His Father but by Him. Unsaved is not being saved, someone who doesn't have a personal relationship with God.