Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 26, 2008

July Youth Camp 2008

Well, we had our Youth Camp last 18th-20th at Coral Coast Christian Center. Sorry for the long overdue blog post. lol. Hehehe.

Since I got here to Fiji, that was my third camp with Potters House (our church) and it was actually the best camp among the three camps I've been to. I don't know why, I just like it. HAHA.

======================

We've learned about Maturity. It's from a Latin word which means Maturos which literally means to ripen.

Being mature is to have the sense that someone would judge your life, and that is God. There will always be consequences to our actions. When you're not the only one, it gives you courage and when you sin, you will feel better when you go it with someone. That's why there's this thing we call 'peer pressure'. We always feel comfortable if we do things with our friends, even those sinful ones coz we are taking the confidence from the fact that everyone else does that. Not thinking of what might happen ahead of us.

On Judgment Day, God will ask us these questions:
(Guidelines for teenagers, specially for those who are followers of Jesus)

1. Was I first in your life?
2. Were you committed to speaking to Me in prayer during your time on Earth?
3. What were you like when you were alive? What were you like when no one else is looking?
4. How important were My words to you?
5. Did the pattern of your life caused others to serve Me?
6. What did you do with the gifts I gave you?
7. Did you use your popularity for God?
8. Did you really give Me your best?

The other Word was about Self Esteem (Determining our Self Worth)

It is measured by our identity in Christ, our mission, and our potential. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Our mission is to be involved in helping each other. God reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ. He doesn't label us according to out past. He label us according to our potential. You might have stmbled but you need to get up. What is your true potential in Christ?

==========================

As what I've said, the recent camp was my favorite of the three. It was just so cool. I made more friends. Been stronger with those physical games we had, and of course, stronger in faith. Hehe. We had better food as well. loooool. HAHAHA. I used to starve in the camps here. Fijian and Indian food just don't suit my taste, I guess. lmao. But some our awesome!

Well, pics are up on Bebo and Friendster. Haven't uploaded them to Multiply yet. haha. Oh well...

Hope you guys had a great weekend as well!

Till next time,
Photobucket

No comments: