Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tips For Healthy Eating

I am not a Health Buff. In fact, I just eat what I feel like eating. I was a chubby girl when I was young and it's a good thing, I'm not fat anymore. lol. I hate veggies just like any teenagers. I don't drink much soda because it's just too acidic and makes my stomach ache. I don't have vices like drinking or smoking. I'm a big fan of cakes and ice cream. I love chocolates. I like pork and chicken. Yum. Well, although I'm not very health conscious, let me give you some health tips.

Healthy eating is a way of balancing the food you eat to keep your body in great health. With healthy eating, you'll have energy all day, get the vitamins and minerals you need, stay strong for activities you enjoy, and maintain a healthy weight.

Below, you'll find tips designed to help you with healthy eating.

1. Don't skip any meals

Eating 3 meals with snacks in between is the ideal way to maintain both energy and a healthy weight. When you skip meals and get hungry, you're more than likely to choose foods that aren't very good for you.

If you are eating away from home, take food with you or know where you can buy healthy food from.

2. Learn about how to prepare foods

Instead of deep frying, try grilling, stir frying, microwaving, baking, and even boiling. You should also try fresh or even dried herbs and spices to add flavor to your food. Before you eat any type of meat, be sure to trim the fat and skin off of it.

3. Avoid a lot of sugar

Drinks that contain sugar are a major source of empty energy. What this means, is that the drinks contain a lot of energy that your body may not need, and it doesn't contain any vitamins or minerals. If you plan to drink sugary drinks, don't go overboard - limit yourself to 1 a day.

4. Avoid thinking about diets

There are no good food nor any bad foods. All food can be a part of a healthy diet, when eaten in moderation. You don't need to buy any low carb, fat free, or even diet foods, as these foods normally have lots of other added ingredients to replaces the carbohydrates or fat.

So there, happy healthy eating!

Till next time,

Feiyie

2 comments:

outdoorgriller said...

I like grilling because it is healthy.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

Anonymous said...

Same here.. I am not a health buff.. in fact, i do eat everything and anything... it's just that i have a hard time to follow the tips most especially from 1-3 (except #4 because diet is not part of my system! lol) with the part of work i am into..But anyway, thanks for the tips! I will try to slow down..